Monday, December 26, 2011

Patrick Chan: QMI Agency Canadian Male Athlete of the Year

To read the complete article go to:
http://www.torontosun.com/2011/12/20/qmi-agencys-canadian-male-athlete-of-the-year-patrick-chan

DAVE POLLARD, QMI AGENCY

FIRST POSTED: TUESDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2011 09:31 PM EST

Prepping for another training session that would one day lead to a world championship, Chan looked on, almost in awe, as the skater landed jump after jump. It was done with such ease, so smooth, that it almost overwhelmed him.A youthful Patrick Chan, then a neophyte to figure skating but already dreaming in golden hues, sat tying his skates at a suburban Toronto arena, watching a solitary figure glide effortlessly across the ice.
Watching Ken Rose that winter day also spurred Chan on. It provided, in some small way, the inspiration that would drive him to become the best skater in the world.

"I was in the lounge watching him skate while getting ready and he was nailing these triples like nothing, like butter," Chan recalled in an interview with QMI Agency. "I was, like, 'One day I hope that I can do the same thing.' I just wanted to come into a rink one day and just nail these triples like it's nothing. I look back at that day and think, 'Wow, look at where I am now.' I never knew I'd be where I am now."

No comments:

Post a Comment