Monday, December 26, 2011

Grief-stricken Asada to compete in national c'ship

To read the complete article go to:
http://mdn.mainichi.jp/mdnnews/sports/news/20111213p2g00m0sp113000c.html

TOKYO (Kyodo) -- Mao Asada, whose mother died last week after a lengthy battle with liver cirrhosis, will compete at the upcoming national championships in Osaka, her management agency IMG said Monday.

Asada is trying to cope with the death of her mother Kyoko Asada, who passed away at the age of 48 at a Nagoya hospital early Friday before her 21-year-old daughter could reach her bedside.

"My mother would rejoice that I'm determined to do what I must do as I aim to achieve my dreams for the future," Asada said in a statement. IMG said a funeral, which was only attended by relatives, was held the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment